Does having the heating on stop Mould?
Mould growth is something that no one wants in their home; it’s not only unsightly, but it can also be dangerous to your health. You can say goodbye to mould and hello to a safe home by following Mould Removal Sunshine Coast mould prevention tips.
What causes mould to grow?
Moisture in the building is still the source of mould. Humidity is increased by humidity, sweating, and steam from the bathroom or kitchen. Mould spores take just 24-48 hours to grow, so if the humidity rises above 60-65 percent, you can see symptoms within 24 hours. Mould may grow on your clothes, carpets, or walls; keep the humidity below this level to avoid mould.
Mould is caused by structural flaws.
Mould growth is often caused by structural flaws. Unfortunately, issues only become apparent after the mould has taken hold.
Regular home inspections for maintenance issues such as loose roof tiles or broken guttering will help you prevent mould growth. You can also note other problems that are simple to fix, such as moisture settling on bathroom pipes.
Maintain proper ventilation in your home.
Airing out your home is a great way to avoid the onset of mould symptoms. Since it’s not always possible to keep your home well ventilated, experts recommend using a dehumidifier. It’s even better if it has an automatic sensor, which means it will switch on as soon as the humidity level in your home rises above 60%.
Installing vents in your windows is another alternative, though this isn’t an efficient way to prevent mould. In the winter, keeping your windows open is impossible, but if you can, open them for a few minutes several times a day.
Tips for freshening up your home When it’s cold outside, like mornings and nights, it’s best to open all windows and doors at the same time to air your house. When it’s colder inside than out, experts recommend leaving the windows open, but not when the heating is on.
Using heat to keep mould at bay
It’s understandable that people want to save money on their heating bills, but keeping the heat on is one of the safest ways to avoid mould.
If you’re serious about avoiding mould in your house, don’t let rooms cool absolutely. The optimal temperature for living rooms is 20°C, 23°C for bathrooms and children’s rooms, and 16°C for the bedroom and kitchen, according to experts. It is recommended that the temperature in your home never drop below 14°C.